Father Leo Elders s.v.d. gave us the latest issue of Doctor Communis NS 10 (2008), the journal of the Pontifical Academy of St. Thomas Aquinas (PAST), of which we reported earlier. The overall theme of the Plenary Session, held in 2007, was “The Encounter of Christianity and the Graeco-Roman Tradition.” Here are the contents:
- Enrico Berti, Il contributo della filosofia greca (pp. 20-31)
- Robert Wielockx, The Principle of the ’ Emergence’ in Boethius of Denmark and Henry of Ghent. The Greco-Roman Legacy at the Arts Faculty and the Faculty of Theology (pp. 32-60)
- Russell Hittinger, The Legal Renaissance of the 12th and 13th Centuries: Some Thomistic Notes (pp. 61-87)
- Lawrence Dewan O.P., St. Thomas Aquinas as an Example of the Importance of the Hellenistic Legacy (pp. 88-118)
- Ralph McInerny, Prams and Praeambula: The Wise and the Simplke )pp. 119-129)
- Luca F. Tuninetti, Il giudizio della fede e il giudizio della ragione in una epoca di opinioni (pp. 130-138)
This year’s plenary session will be held 19-21 June 2009 and will be fittingly devoted to Aquinas’s commentaries on the Pauline Letters. It will include papers by Reinhard Hütter, Michael Waldstein et alii.
The address of the PAST: Casina Pio IV, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.