The 52nd International Congress of Medieval Studies will be held at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, Michigan, from May 11th to the 14th, 2017.
The Kalamazoo conference is the largest congress for Medieval Studies in the world. The cost of room and board is quite moderate, and the atmosphere is congenial to those interested in Aquinas.
There will be a total of 6 sessions devoted to Medieval philosophical and theological thought, especially that of Aquinas, sponsored by:
- The Center for Thomistic Studies, c/o S.J. Jensen, Center for Thomistic Studies, University of St. Thomas (TX), 3800 Montrose, Houston, TX77006-4696. FAX: (713) 942-3464. email: email@example.com. Three sessions will be devoted to any topic about the philosophy of Aquinas, his sources, or contemporary applications of his thought.
- The Thomas Aquinas Society, c/o John F. Boyle, Department of Catholic Studies, 55-S, University of St. Thomas, 2115 Summit Ave, St. Paul, MN 55105. Fax: (651) 962-5710, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For these three sessions, proposals on any topic dealing with Aquinas are welcome.
Those interested in submitting proposals for papers may send them to either Dr. Steven Jensen or Dr. John Boyle. The submission details:
- Papers are 20 minutes in length
- Paper submissions must include a 300 word abstract and a completed Participant Information Form (which may be downloaded here).
- The Deadline for submissions is September 15, 2016.
Be sure to act quickly if you wish to have your proposal considered!